Monday 21 January 2013

Hello Blogging World!

Well hello blogging world! As you may know if you are reading this, this is my first ever post in bloggers-town! So some of you may be wondering who am I? And what brought me here? What are my intentions for my blog? Well I shall leave you waiting no longer and get them questions answered now!


What Brought Me Here?

I have been very into watching YouTube videos for the past 2 years now. I mean I was like everyone else before, watched the odd video here and there, and typed in music videos of my favourite bands to watch, but then I discovered certain people on YouTube and just like watching the reality shows this country is addicted to these days, I have become hooked on watching regular people on YouTube - people such as: Zoella Sprinkle Of Glitter and Beauty Crush to name just a few. So, through watching their videos and listening to what they had to say, I discovered they each had a blog, so I had a click onto the link and I was introduced to the world of blogging! And needless to say...this becomes addictive too. It is like reading all the favourite bits of your magazines, but for free...on the internet.... and without all the boring parts!


Who Am I?

So now, moving onto who am I? Last June, I posted my first video on YouTube...."12 Accents in 2 Minutes" . I have always done accents throughout my life. With family, with friends and at school and I was always told I was quite alright at them. So eventually I thought...
"Hey let's make a YouTube video of me doing this. I'll be able to hear what I sound like and I can see what reception I get from people who don't know me, and are not just being nice for the sake of it!"
 So that is precisely what I did, and for the most part, all the comments and messages I have had from that video have been good. I am in no way saying I am an expert in accents and voices...because I am not. It is just a hobbie I like to do, and I thought I would share it. So from there I did a couple of other just accent videos which got a few views and again I got some nice feedback from them. Then one day I figured...

"Why am I just doing accent videos, why don't I do something a little different and do various accents in videos like before but  make a larger variety of videos"
So like before...that is just what I did. I don't have loads of videos right now, but I have a few, and I really enjoy making them and sharing tips and advice and what I am liking and what I don't like. I have videos on: nail art tutorials, beauty product reviews, hauls, baking to name a few.

Now I realise that I am being slightly anonymous through my YouTube channel and indeed this blog. The truth is I am not entirely sure why this is. I think perhaps I am not as confident as I would like to be yet at 'exposing' myself online, but in time, that may change! But I like to think you can still enjoy reading my blog posts and watching my videos even though my face is not in it.


About Me

So what is a few random facts about me then?

Well I am 20 years old at the moment, and I was born and still live in England, United Kingdom.
I am 5 foot 5 inches tall. 
I can drive, I have one younger sister. 
I love watching and playing sports. 
I have a big interest in music and going to music concerts.
I love baking (and then eating the baking!)
Since getting into YouTube channels I really have got into beauty, and finding good products and trying out new looks with make-up, nails, hair and so on!


What are my blog intentions?

So my reason for beginning this blog today is:
1. I love reading other peoples so I figured:
"Hey maybe someone will love reading what I have to say too".
2. I have always enjoyed writing. Whether that be to do lists or memories or diaries...writing and remembering is something I like to do. 

3. I thought by what I plan to write about, maybe it can help someone with an idea, their life, money saving, advice on which products to buy and so on.

So now all that has been said, what do I plan to write about? Well I don't think I can limit it to one category, in my mind I want to write about:


  • My reviews of good places to go/visit in the United Kingdom.
  • Baking - tips, tricks, recipes, tutorials.
  • Organising - I am a bit OCD when it comes to having things neat and tidy!
  • Facts of the Week - I love random facts, things that you can tell your friends and make them go "oooh!"
  • Product Reviews - whether it be nail varnish, make up, hair care, skin care, hair tools etc.
  • DVD Reviews.
So if you are reading that list and any of them categories stand out to you, maybe come back for a visit, or follow this blog.

I hope you enjoy what I have to read and we can all chat together about like-minded topics.

Thank you for spending time reading this rather lengthy introduction!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post a comment, about your thoughts/experiences from this post. I love to read what you think and I'll be sure to reply to every comment! :) xox