Sunday 24 November 2013

Making Almond Biscuits

Hey guys!

Today I am  bringing you a 'How to...' post. And for this occasion it is a baking recipe of one of my favourite biscuits.... Almond ones!

They are so easy to make and I hope you give them a try yourself from this recipe. If you do please tweet me some pictures of them at accentgirl100 or leave me a comment on this post letting me know how you got on!

Ingredients:
- 75g / 3oz of Caster Sugar.
- 150g / 5oz of Margarine.
- 175g / 6oz of Self Raising Flour.
- 50g / 2oz of Ground Almonds.
- A few drops of Almond Essence.

My Steps:

1. Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4/180*C/350*F. And grease two baking trays ready for later.



2. Weigh out 75g of caster sugar, 175g of self raising flour and 50g of ground almonds and mix it all together until all the three ingredients are well combined.






3. Weigh out your 150g of margarine. Then using your finger tips rub the margarine into the dry ingredients until it is all blended in. 




4. Add in a drop of almond essence and bring the mixture together into a ball by using your hands and if necessary a TINY bit of water. 


 5. Once you have brought the mix together, get out some cling film and place the dough ball into it and wrap it tight and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. 



 6. While the dough is resting in the fridge you can do the boring bits like tidying up your work top and washing up the bowls you've just used! Then time to get some cutters. I have this set of circular cutters. I got them from my local hardware store for £1.99! But you can get them from a few places I have seen. I am going to use the 4th size up cutter for the biscuits.






 7. Take the dough out of the fridge and dust some flour on your work top and give the dough a little kneed and start to roll it out. 





 8. Once you have rolled it out, take your cutter and as close to the edge as you can begin to cut out the biscuits shapes.


Using a palette knife can help transfer the biscuits from the work top to the baking tray without breaking them or letting them flop.


9. Once you have cut out all your biscuits place them in the oven for 15 minutes at gas mark 4/180*C/350*F.

10. 15 minutes later, take out your biscuits and allow them to cool on the tray for a good five minutes before you move them onto a cooling wire.



11. Then decorate them however you please! Leave them plain, add fondant to them. Melted chocolate, glace icing, you decide! But most of all enjoy them!


So that is almond biscuits! Let me know what you think! And if you give them a go, let me know in the comments. 

Thanks for reading :)

Lots of love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post a comment, about your thoughts/experiences from this post. I love to read what you think and I'll be sure to reply to every comment! :) xox